Saturday, September 18, 2010

Unyielding Heirophant

Arturo Aragon


My article was the one regarding facebook and problems with marriages which can be found here.

Problems relating Social networking sites and relationships are nothing new to our society. In my experience I have seen breakups, divorces, engagement breakups, restraining orders, and enough drama to write maybe a few seasons for the TV show Melrose Place.

The article does point some some valid points, Facebook has become an addictive website for many people and those with not a lot of self control. Maybe its because We see it as just a harmless website. I can understand some people being friends with their ex-lovers, myself included. But to rekindle a romance, especially when married is a sign that there is no happiness in the already established relationship or there is a lack of self control.

We've seen it happen in Science fiction movies where we escape to an alternate or cybernetic reality because the life we're living is not enough. But then to actualize it and ruin a perfectly good thing they have going on? Maybe I'm not exactly in that situation and can't really comment, but a relationship is a commitment, its dedication and loyalty among other things.

I too have encountered some problems with facebook, I checked it like thrice a day before I decided to leave alone my computer for a week which then lead to a whole month, only checking my email in the morning. It can be hard but in the long run its the best choice. We can't depend on the internet to satisfy our sexual fantasies or our social needs when we have the whole world outside waiting for us to take action.


No comments:

Post a Comment